Senior Analyst | Wellington
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Analyst-Senior Analyst PD.docx (Word, 107KB)
|Application Close Date:||28-Jul-2019|
Ministry for the Environment
Here at the Ministry for the Environment (MfE) we love innovation, and we love to do things differently. We value our people and have created an agile work environment to help us mobilise our workforce to address the critical issues that need resolving. Our people are from diverse backgrounds and work in flexible ways, but are all committed to our responsibility as primary advisors to the Government on the environment.
We tackle the hottest issues that impact on the environment, supporting New Zealand's prosperity – economic, social and cultural, without compromising our environment for future generations.
The Ministry's goal to make Aotearoa New Zealand the most liveable place in the world is a considerable responsibility and one we take seriously.
The Ministry for the Environment, in partnership with Stats NZ, is responsible for delivering regular reports on the state of the environment in Aotearoa. The next freshwater report comes out in April 2020. We are looking for someone with freshwater technical qualifications to be our Science Lead
The Science Lead is a senior position where soft skills and the ability to deliver to timeframes and high expectations are as important as the technical knowledge. We need someone who can demonstrate:
- Leadership – is positive and solutions-focussed in their approach to navigating obstacles and actively assists the rest of the team to implement its work and to meet deadlines
- Thought leadership – can scope and set ambition for a report that is beyond their own capability and technical understanding
- Manages-up – can understand the operating context and present options, issues and risks in a way that enables management to act
- Facilitation – has enough freshwater technical nous to be able to manage debate, challenge and wide ranging feedback
- Relationship management – proactively and effectively manages relationships to achieve our outcomes, including with other directorates, senior management and with external suppliers
- Support others – has enough freshwater technical nous to assist others with less technical experience.
The ideal candidate will have a post-graduate degree and at least 3 years' work experience in freshwater science or a closely related discipline.
The salary range is from $86 to $116,000 depending on skills and experience.
The Senior Analyst position descriptions are attached for your information.
Please apply by completing the online questionnaire complete with your CV and a cover letter.
For additional information please email email@example.com and quote the job reference number
The Ministry supports flexible approaches to work, to ensure that we truly have the best person for the role.